A bad credit score loan can be an excellent, hassle-free way to access additional funds. Applying for these loans is typically transparent.
Back then, having a poor credit score would make obtaining a loan an arduous task. Moneylenders typically use a credit scoring system to assess every loan applicant that comes their way.
A mediocre credit score signifies the applicant’s unlikelihood of paying back the loan amount on time. It also increases the applicant’s risk of defaulting in the eyes of the lenders.
Reasons you may have a Bad Credit Score
Your credit score may be low due to one or a combination of the following reasons:
- You missed your bill payments
- You have not made your payments
- Your application for credit failed
- You borrowed a loan in the past did not make timely payments
- You may have never availed a loan before, and have no financial track record as a result.
How do you Apply for a Bad Credit Score Loans?
Bad credit score loans are primarily meant for people who have a low credit rating. Lenders perceive that people who have a poor credit rating are a higher financial risk, due to which they will be subject to higher interest rates.
Availing this type of loan and making your repayments on time will improve your credit rating in the long run. Several lending organizations specialize in providing bad credit score loans, entirely depending on the required loan amount and the time required to repay the loan.
Lending organizations usually let you apply for bad credit loans that range from 50 pounds to 2000 pounds. Some organizations offer you a range of up to 5000 pounds.
The repayment period for a small loan amount ranges from three to thirty-six months. Make sure you choose a term that best suits your circumstances.
Soft Credit Search
If you perform multiple hard credit searches, do note that lenders can also view them. Applying for a bad credit score loan numerous times tends to increase the chances of loan rejection. However, carrying out soft credit searches can help you as lenders cannot see them and do not affect your credit rating.
Through a soft credit search, you can find the best options from over 50 Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) approved loan companies which will leave no marks on your credit record.
Applying for a Bad Credit Score Loan Online
You conduct unlimited soft credit searches until you come across an option that best suits your needs. When you find the lender you want, you may apply for the loan.
- Find a website that compares bad credit score loans and fill in the loan application form along the loan amount you require. The data you enter will be completely secure.
- Once you fill in your application, a panel of money lending organizations will be shown to you based on the amount you have entered along with a list of the interest rates and repayment cycles from which you can choose.
- Once you select the moneylender you want, your loan application will be sent for approval. Most direct lending organizations can instantly approve your loan if selected.
- If your loan application gets approved, the bad credit score loan amount will be deposited into your bank account. You can expect your money to be transferred 15 minutes to 1 working day from the time of approval, depending on your lender.
How Long Should you wait to get a Bad Credit Score Loan?
Firstly, you ought to check your credit information from the three leading credit reference agencies, Experian, Equifax, and Callcredit. Verify to make sure there is no incorrect information. In case some wrong information is found, be sure to get it rectified immediately. It is vital to nullify other factors that could potentially affect your credit score like unused bank accounts and easy credit cards.
The time it takes to avail a bad credit score loan primarily depends on the loan amount you want and the repayment cycle you choose.
Small loan amounts will be issued instantly but need to be repaid within 3 months.
In the case of large loan amounts, lending organizations may take longer to approve your application. However, most of them will give you flexible plans as per their terms and conditions and will ample time for your repayments.
Increasing your Chances of Availing a Bad Credit Score Loan
Prove that you can repay the EMIs
If you can convey to the lender that your earnings have increased and you can afford to make the EMI payments, you will have higher chances of getting the loan.
Providing collateral vastly increases your chances of securing a loan because your risk level now reduces in the eyes of the lender.
Why can’t you get Bad Credit Score Loans from all Lenders?
Most conventional lenders only sanction loans to people who have an excellent credit score, as they are considered to be a low financial risk. These lenders have stringent terms and conditions, and anyone who has a bad credit score is usually rejected. At times, they consider earlier dealings when yo avail a loan.
Some applicants tend to have a less-than-average credit score owing to unfortunate financial management in the past, which usually results in them being penalized unfairly.
This is why bad credit score loans exist. Keep in mind that an excellent credit report will cement your chances of obtaining a loan.