The modern era is the era of data, and creating and implementing obtained information in the form of data is very important. Similarly, it is also essential to read and understand what different data types are trying to project. In this regard, data visualization tools have become very important in our day-to-day lives. The better the tools, the more comfortable you will express or interpret what data is reflecting.
Data has been used for quite a long time to present information in a visual form. As a result, the different types of data visualization software have also been developed a lot. To gain proper actionable insights, data visualization is critical. Furthermore, data visualization will help you to read different data types. There are multiple layers and patterns of data which are hidden in a typical graphical representation. In such cases, having a well-equipped tool for data visualization will help you break down the data correctly.
What are Data Visualization and Data Visualization Tools?
As the name suggests, visualization means representation. With the help of the software for data visualization, you will create or see bar charts. These charts are descriptive and will automatically generate interest in you. Contrary to this, regular spreadsheets or word files containing the same data will not be appealing to the viewers. In the world of marketing, representation and understanding are very important. The data visualization tools will help you do just that.
In primary human nature, people tend to look at beautiful things. This is why beautiful charts and graphs generate more interest in humans, no matter what the data projects. Data visualization can be done in several ways. The most common ones include bar charts, line charts, graphs, scatterplots, histograms, and geographical survey maps. These forms are essential, as they will give you the correct information if you look at those diagrams. In the absence of these visualization formats, you would have to read the data from textual reports, spreadsheets, or excel sheets. Then, you have to interpret the data correctly. To avoid this lengthy and monotonous process, data visualization is critical.
So, what is data visualization?
It is the process in which regular data is represented in a lively and understandable manner. With data visualization, the data can be easily understood, and it will be visually attractive. Hence, viewers will be taking an interest in it.
These data visualization tools are applications that work in a cloud-based manner. This means that the data stored in these tools are stored in the cloud. Users will retrieve these data from anywhere in this world by merely reaccessing the device. The basic working of these tools is in straightforward representation. Whenever you put raw data in it, the data can be transformed into visually pleasing and effortlessly understandable graphical formats. There are many such programs present on these tools for data visualization. Users can create customizable graphs, including column charts, pie charts, bar charts, and so on.
At present, these tools for data visualization are quite popular. Nowadays, different institutes, data scientists, data analysts, and statisticians also use such tools. Such tools provide great help in the creation of data models visually. As long as the specifications are reported, analysts can use all the other tools in the same place. For instance, you will find Machine Learning tools, database connections, and different interfaces in the same place. As a result, data visualization tools have now been a significant part of the industry.
Best Data Visualization Tools That You Can Find in 2021
As already explained earlier, the importance of these visualization tools for arranging data is very high at present. To make it easier for you, we have compiled 15 of the best data visualization tools you can find in 2021. All of these tools are popular and have been checked by lots of users. These tools will effectively help you frame, interpret, or represent data understandably and attractively.
The top 15 data visualization tools are given below.
Xplenty is one of the most popular data visualization tools for 2021. The working of these tools is cloud-based. It is a proper platform that you can use for the integration of data. You will be able to provide raw data, and it will be prepared for data visualization by the software itself. The data integration in Xplenty is pretty extensive. Over 100 different data stores can be used for integrating data. Various SaaS applications work fine with this software as well.
This data visualization tool provides different native connectors. This will help you when you want to either pull or push data from other data sources. It can be either from the on-premise infrastructure, private cloud, or public cloud. It entirely depends upon the user. There are connectors available for different data warehouses, applications, and databases as well.
Along with this data visualization tool, you will get a package designer. This will help you in the implementation of different types of data integration usage cases. Xplenty comes with a simple point and clicks interface. It is beneficial while doing transformation tasks, preparing complex data, or performing simple data replication.
This tool is also beneficial in managing job scheduling and monitoring and tracking job progress. Status and simple data outputs are handled easily too. This makes sure that the data is valid and correct.
- The expression language provided is quite rich. It uses advanced API. Webhooks are provided, and this makes this platform extendable and easy to customize.
- Data integration is possible from over 100 different data stores, along with SaaS applications as well.
- The infrastructure provided is elastic and scalable. This will help you in performing both complex transformation tasks and simple replication procedures.
- Support is available via online meetings, phone, chats, or email.
- Both no-code and low-code options are available.
- You will not be able to opt for monthly billing. This tool only offers billing on an annual basis.
Pricing details can be availed by contacting Xplenty. Free trials are available for new users. This is a licensed tool.
2. Zoho Analytics
If you are looking for a versatile tool for data visualization, then Zoho Analytics is a great choice. It helps you in creating different types of insightful reports. Also, the dashboard can be built in as early as a few minutes. Any kind of data can be visually analyzed with Zoho Analytics. This data visualization tool comes with an assistant who AI powers. As a result, users will be able to get answers to their questions. Meaningful reports and advice are available from here as well.
- There are over 100 different connectors available that are ready-made. These can be used for different types of databases, cloud drives, and well-known business applications.
- The visualization options available in this tool are massive. You will get a ton of variety for doing so. The popular choices include KPI widgets, Summary views, Pivot tables, and Charts.
- Custom-themed dashboards are also available in Zoho Analytics.
- Business analytics is unified, and it can quickly analyze data from all types of business applications.
- It comes with augmented analytics. The presence of an ML-powered and AI-powered assistant provides you with a clear answer regarding almost all sorts of queries. Conversation with the assistant in natural language is possible.
- As for the BO/analytics portals and embedded analytics, Zoho Analytics provides white label solutions.
- Users will be informed of all occurrences of anomalies or data outliers with the help of smart alerts.
The best features of Zoho Analytics include white-label / embedded BI, unified business analytics, and AI-powered assistant. Other than that, there are over 100 different connectors, and these come with pre-built dashboards and reports.
There are five different pricing plans for Zoho Analytics. These include-
- Free Plan – Users can use the basic functionalities of this tool for free.
- Basic Plan – This comes for 22 dollars per month.
- Standard Plan – A user in this segment needs to pay 45 dollars.
- Premium Plan – This costs around 112 dollars in total.
- Enterprise Plan – This is the most expensive plan and costs around 445 dollars.
Since this tool uses forecasting with smart data alerts, professionals can benefit from using Zoho Analytics. NLP, ML, and AI technologies make this tool one of the best in the market.
This is yet another of the popular data visualization tools that have a vast user base. Mainly used by the marketing sector, this tool can be used for simple data visualization as well. However, it is a professional-grade data visualization tool for marketing agencies. Hence, most of its features are extremely useful for data analysts or statisticians.
In Whatagraph, you will find different features that will help you to display marketing reporting campaigns. This is highly beneficial for the various marketing agencies, as clients can be easily communicated with such representation. It does not matter where and to whom you are projecting the results. The platform is incredibly intuitive and easily understandable, and comprehendible visual data can be easily created.
- The integration is seamless with the popular platforms for digital marketing. Over 40 different such platforms have integration with Whatagraph. These include leading companies such as MailChimp, Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, and so on.
- There are a vast number of options when it comes to customization. There are over hundreds of different virtual reporting widgets. These premade widgets can be customized to form new presentable methods as well. You can make sure that your data comes out in the best manner possible.
- Whatagraph follows a simple method for cross-platform data analysis. In a single report, you will be able to compare other platforms for marketing and their performance.
- The process of report creation and delivery is automated. This is essential when managing lots of clients. The features for automation are helpful in processing and delivering the data to the proper clients. This way, you will need to provide a minimal amount of input from your side.
- This tool provides white-label reports. You will be able to fit and customize the reports as per your needs. You have the option of adding your logo or images. This way, different brands can help in their promotion.
The pricing of Whatagraph depends from user to user. This means that you can choose the pricing depending upon the features that you will need. There are many features that you may not need and for which you have to pay extra. With this flexible pricing policy, you can save up on unused parts.
Overall, this data visualization tool is highly rich in features that will significantly benefit the data reporting marketing platform. Management of multiple clients is easy, and you will be guided with complex integration procedures. The presence of the automation function will help you with most of the tasks.
This data visualization tool is vital in providing sales reporting. This will give you complete visibility regarding the sales procedures. HubSpot CRM is a top option when it comes to delivering essential sales reports. The dashboard is built based on providing reporting capabilities. All the reports are collected in the dashboard. You will be able to customize the data range as well.
Additional tools, such as Reporting Add-on and Sales Hub Professional, can help you report the sales success. You will also get custom report builders depending upon the data used.
- HubSpot contains many important sales reports. These consist of Productivity, Sales Performance, Recent Activity, Deals Closed vs. Goal, and Deal Forecast.
- You will also be able to customize users for giving access to the dashboard.
- Individual reports can be resized as per the priority of the team.
- Up to 10 different reports can be kept on the dashboard simultaneously.
- The custom report builder is quite powerful and flexible.
- There are no segmented traffic reports available in HubSpot.
This tool is entirely free to use, and the sales reports are too. It is a licensed tool. However, users can get their hands on free tools as well.
5. Tableau Desktop
This visualization software is a popular tool that is mainly related to developing and distributing business intelligence. It will help you in easy understanding of the data and adequately visualize them. Professionals in the Business Intelligence industry use this tool. You will be able to design graphs that are interactive to the details. Similarly, charts and worksheets can be created and customized to create various business objectives and visions. You will also be able to customize the shape of the dashboards as per your choice.
- Tableau Desktop software comes with excellent capabilities and options for data visualization.
- The tool is straightforward to understand and use for data representation.
- It provides outstanding performance in business intelligence fields.
- You will be able to connect to multiple types of data sources for better integration and visualization capabilities.
- The community ad forum of Tableau Desktop is relatively healthy and fun to work on.
- The application is even mobile-friendly. You will be able to continue your reports from any mobile device itself.
- Tableau Desktop provides robust computation for the creation of data reports.
- It provides quick insights for an easy understanding of data.
- Tableau Desktop software is on the costlier side of data visualization tools. It is quite expensive, and the pricing policies are not flexible at all.
- You will not get any options for scheduling and automatic refreshing of the generated reports.
- The visual imports are somewhat restrictive.
- Whenever the data gets modified, the static parameters present force the user for manual update every time.
- You may face some difficulties with the column table formatting.
Tableau Desktop charges 70 dollars per user per month. The bill is to be paid annually.
This data visualization tool is licensed software. However, users can get a free trial period.
This is one of the data visualization tools that will help you give useful insights regarding data representation and visualization. No matter which level of organization you belong in, you will be able to use Sisense to your benefit. It is possible to get useful insights instantly with the Sisense software. You will be easily able to create the dashboards that are available in a visual manner. Additionally, any piece or part of the data can be quickly reported using various visualization methods.
Sisense can also help you with your understanding of the different patterns of the data. The underlying trends may not be possible to be always easily understandable. This tool can help you uncover these trends with ease. Also, the hidden patterns can be easily spotted with Sisense. Thus, you will be easily able to decide based on the guidance of the inferred data.
- The user interface of Sisense is very user-friendly and easy to understand.
- When it comes to managing massive datasets, this tool provides an excellent level of analysis performance.
- The support provided by Sisense is excellent.
- The software comes with easy upgrades.
- The integration is very nicely done when it comes to different types of data sources.
- Users will find this software to be highly customizable.
- The working of this data visualization tool is highly flexible in all aspects.
- You may face some difficulty with this software while trying to maintain and develop different analytic cubes.
- Unfortunately, there is no inbuilt data type that can support time format properly.
- The visualizations provided by this tool are limited in the number of options.
- In the situation that a cube needs to be rebuilt, the cube cannot be accessed temporarily. Until the rebuilding process is fully complete, you will not be able to access it.
Sisense does not openly declare the pricing policy. As per the user reviews, the pricing is not surprising. Usually, the price is charged based on the work done. This means that the higher the number of users and data size, the higher the pricing will be. Typically, each case is considered individually for the pricing matter.
This software is a fully licensed product. Users can get free trials for a limited time upon request.
7. Adaptive Discovery
This is another of the data visualization tools that have been developed mainly for business professionals. However, that does not mean that it is restricted or useless to other types of users. It is a professional tool that you can use for making critical data-driven decisions. It has all the required processes that will help you to focus on your data analysis. Inferring the meaning of data visualization or representation has never been this easy.
Adaptive Discovery software visually provides storytelling. It includes highly interactive drill-down sessions that can generate a better reading of the data. You will also be able to recognize the fundamental causes and get the answers to your queries. Spotting the trends is another critical point in this software. You will be ahead of the curve while being able to identify and address the underlying issues. Overall, you will get a full perspective regarding your performance that you need for various operations, finance, and sales.
Adaptive Discovery tool also comes with features such as forecasting, planning, and modeling. All of these will help you to make proper decisions on the go.
- This data visualization tool can connect to all types of data sources. This includes HCM, CRM, or ERP as well.
- The dashboards can be fully personalized as per the choices of the user.
- It comes with modular metrics.
- Shared metrics are also available on this tool.
- You will be able to get all the information from anywhere. This is because the analytics are fully delivered in the cloud for future usage.
- The planning of this tool is unique. Also, the processes of forecasting and budgeting are exceptionally well made.
- Since this tool uses Java, responsiveness can be slow sometimes.
- While setting up the reports, new users may face some difficulty learning the system.
- You will not be able to modify the already created reports unless you create a new report.
- The reporting functionality of this tool is not the best out there.
For pricing details, you can contact and request Adaptive Discovery. The pricing model is somewhat subscription-based. Depending on the number of instances that you are choosing, you will be charged based on that.
There are mainly two different editions available for this data visualization software. They are the Adaptive Discovery Professional and Adaptive Discovery Enterprise.
This software is a licensed product and comes with a free trial period.
8. TeamMate Analytics
TeamMate Analytics is one of the up-and-coming data visualization tools that are on the rise. It is a complete suite that contains over 150 types of different audit tools. These computer-aided tools are all focused on increasing productivity.
Mainly designed for auditors, it can be used by anyone. Accountants and finance managers will find this tool to be extremely useful as well. The total running of the software is done within an Excel sheet. While using, a new ribbon bar is added to Excel. The design is highly intuitive, and the tool is relatively easy to understand and use.
Most of the data visualization features are supported by this tool. These include the simulation of models, filtering views, relational display, Analytics, and so on.
- This tool is quite friendly for usage.
- The integration with the necessary APIs and tools is excellent.
- The user interface is highly intuitive ad attractive.
- End-user support and training are readily available, and it is of the best quality.
- With the presence of automated workflows, efficiency increases significantly.
- The learning curve is relatively short.
- The section models are quite revolutionary.
- Since this tool is relatively recent, the user community is still growing.
- Improvements can be made on the teammate plus Cognos reporting engine.
- Upgrade frequency should be increased to make this software more stable.
TeamMate Analytics has not disclosed the cost. A free trial is available on this licensed product.
9. Microsoft Power BI
Power BI is one of the adequate data visualization tools that use great analytics and visualization techniques. Developed by Microsoft, this software has a vast user base. Many professional enterprises use this software for data visualization and representation.
You will be able to connect with all the necessary tools. A huge variety of efficient data sources are available. Apart from this, you will also get detailed reports and can design your fully customizable dashboard. Power BI supports both mobile and web.
- This is a cloud-based strong analytics tool that provides all the essential functions in one place.
- The dashboard is presented in a single view containing the essential items.
- The charges are quite affordable.
- It has a great brand value. With Microsoft, brand integration is probably the strongest in any data visualization software. Other MS tools are easily integrable.
- This tool provides a lot of documentation to the users.
- The user community is one of the biggest and most active ones present.
- You will get multiple options for charting options. This can help in better data visualization.
- The upgrades are consistent and stable.
- The database connectivity is quite extensive.
- This tool may be difficult to learn for some people.
- If you are looking to handle bulk data, then there are better options. With the introduction of huge data set volume, the system can occasionally hang.
- The Windows version is much more feature-rich as compared to the cloud version.
There are two enterprise pricing policies for Power BI. The basic one is entirely free of charge. Users will get a data storage limit of 1 GB. As for the Pro plan, each user will get charged 9.99 dollars per month. This plan comes with a 10 GB data storage limit.
This software is a fully licensed product. Since both free and pro versions are available, users can try the free version before deciding to upgrade or not.
10. Dundas BI
Dundas BI is one of the most famous tools for data visualization that is quite popular with the analytic world. It is also one of the oldest tools present on this list.
The visualization of this tool is extremely interactive. You will be able to understand the represented data quickly. There are all types of data visualization features present. These include smart tables, rich scorecards, gauges, various chart types, and maps. Other features include data labels, treemap, indicators, sparkline, relationships, and diagrams.
The highly responsive HTML5 web technology has been used for grounding this tool. This will allow you to access the data from any device easily. Therefore, data analyzing, interaction, and connection can be quickly made.
- The ETL of Dundas BI is excellent.
- You can write direct SQL as against your chosen data source.
- The tool has been designed to be highly flexible.
- The software provides excellent support.
- You will get a great variety of visualization options.
- Predictive analysis is not available on this tool.
- 3D charts are not yet supported.
The pricing policy of Dundas BI is hidden. The users need to follow a subscription-based pricing model, where a one-time purchase of the license is required. This licensed product also comes with a free trial period.
Infogram is a tool that provides web-based data visualization services. It allows the users the create and share maps, infographics, and digital charts.
The editor of this tool is extremely intuitive. It is known by the acronym WYSIWYG, which stands for What You See is What You Get. This editor helps in the transformation of your data to form infographics for sharing.
- You do not need to know any type of coding skills to run this software essentially.
- Both free and paid versions are available. Thus, you can test the app before deciding to upgrade or not.
- You will be able to connect the live visualizations directly to public data sources, such as Google.
- There are over 35 different types of charts available.
- Two hundred different types of maps are available.
- It excels in handling and managing complex data.
- You will be forced to use the Infogram logo in your designs if you are using the free versions.
- The free version does not provide any rich text editing features.
- Some of the data integration features may not be as advanced as other tools.
You can use the basic version of Infogram for free. The Pro version is charged at 19 dollars per month. If you want the Business version, you will be charged 67 dollars per month. The Team version is available at 149 dollars per month. As for the pricing of the Enterprise version, it can be available upon contacting Infogram.
This tool has both licensed and free versions.
Visme is an excellent tool for data visualization that can be used for presenting content visually. If you have to do many online presentations, provide infographics, or create visual content, this is a great option. HTML animations can be visualized with Visme too. This tool works well with small business users.
Multiple presentation modes are available. Users can edit the pre-installed designs or create their own. The files can be downloaded and shared in both online or offline mode.
- The tool is extremely intuitive.
- The designs are attractive.
- It is effortless to use.
- A large number of templates are available.
- The software auto-saves your progress.
- You can use videos and animations inside your presentation.
- The customization is excellent, with a lot of icon options available in the library.
- For free versions, users will need to use the Visme logo.
- Standard packages do not come with many fonts or projects.
- It is not available on mobile devices yet.
- Rare glitches include signing out of the software all of a sudden.
The basic version of Visme is free to use. There are three paid versions in total. The standard version is priced at 15 dollars per month. The complete version is priced at 28 dollars per month, while the team version costs 84 dollars per month. With higher performances, the user numbers, projects, and download options are more increased.
This is a licensed product with free trial versions available as well.
Domo is another tool that provides business intelligence and data visualization. Users will be able to get essential details and insights of the data projected within a short time. This tool breaks down data patterns quickly for the viewers to understand.
The software is fully supported in all types of mobile devices. Since it is cloud-based, people from any system, platform, or connection can virtually stay connected. Everyone can be on the same page analyzing the same data. However, a detailed understanding, visualization, and analysis are offered at both micro and macro levels.
- Lots of data connector types are available in Domo.
- You will get unlimited storage for saving data.
- The sharing features are quite impressive.
- The collaboration capabilities are excellent.
- The reporting processes and visualization features are endless.
- It provides a cloud-based storage system with real-time dashboards.
- It can be somewhat challenging to learn. Beginners are not recommended to use this tool.
- The user interface is not that intuitive.
- Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning components are not offered.
Domo charges annually, with a subscription-based pricing policy. It has three different versions. The Starter version is free to use. The paid versions include Professional and Enterprise versions. The Professional version costs around 83 dollars per user per month, while the Enterprise version charges can be acquired on inquiry.
It is a licensed software with a free version available.
TapClicks is one of the adequate data visualization tools that provide the ultimate control in data visualization. Its marketing analytics dashboard is one of the best in the market. Therefore, users will be able to get essential insights by merely taking a glance.
TapClicks supports over 150 different types of data connectors. As for the most critical features, it includes custom branding and white label solutions. It also provides automated marketing reports, custom views and provides exporting options in different formats. Additionally, it includes custom alerts in performance, with the support of over 100 different platform integrations.
- This tool provides a great look and feel.
- Downloading information is very easy, and sharing them with clients is even more comfortable.
- It is effortless to use and comes with different pre-set forms.
- Multiple level logins are available, with reporting in a new phone.
- You may not be able to send the information back to publishers.
- The designs can be improved.
- Customization features regarding widget colors or sizes are somewhat limited.
- It is quite expensive.
There are three versions of TapClicks available. These are the Basic version, Pro version, and the Elite version. The Basic version users are charged 499 dollars per month. The pricing of the other two versions can be known by contacting TapClicks.
This is a licensed product with users having the option to get free trials.
15. Google Charts
The last data visualization tool on this chart is Google Charts. It is one of the most common yet powerful data visualization tools available in the market. It has powerful processing with highly interactive data visualization techniques. One can use Google Charts in mobile devices as well as in browsers. The variety of charts available provide an excellent level of customization. The charts are rendered by manly using SVG or HTML5 technology.
- Google Charts is very user-friendly, and it is easy to learn as well.
- It works pretty fast and provides accurate results.
- The user interface is highly interactive.
- The tool is entirely free.
- It provides backward compatibility for up to 3 years.
- The dashboard is customizable and interactive.
- This is compatible across different browsers.
- It supports portability across cross-platforms and supports all additional plugins. It can be used in any device as well.
- Multiple data sources, such as Google Spreadsheets, CSV, SQL databases, Excel, and so on, can all be used for reading data.
- This tool always requires an internet connection at all times.
- There are no demos available for the advanced features.
- It can be somewhat challenging to learn about the API working in complex presentations.
- Sophisticated methods of statistical processing are absent.
This tool is entirely free to use and is the only open-source tool present on this list. It is an Open Source Chart Library, and users need not pay anything.
Some of the best data visualization tools have been discussed in this article. You can opt for any one of them. However, we always recommend that you try them out before deciding which one to choose. Since most of these tools have free trial versions, try out all and then select. Suppose you have time, match and compare the features of each tool. Also, keep in mind the benefits of upgrading to the paid versions. Therefore, finally settling for a tool, make sure that it suits all of your data visualization needs.